Total Pageviews

Friday 24 February 2012

Japanese Chicken Teriyaki

I love the taste of this dish. I used to have this on my numerous trips to Bali. It was what I would have after a hard days bargaining for stock. It has its own taste & goes just as well with pork. I serve this with noodles but it goes nicely with rice too.
I love the fact it is easy to make, tastes great & is quick to cook. Most ingredients are in our cupboards, so give it a go.
Oh & to make it a good meal when watching your weight, use liquid sweetener but if your not watching your weight use sugar.

Chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
1 Red pepper cut into thin strips
2 cloves of garlic crushed & a few spring onions chopped. OR  A head of garlic crushed & chopped, but no onion.
2 floz Soy sauce
2 floz Worcester sauce
2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
2 tbsp brown sugar or 1 tsp liquid sweetener
A little olive or sunflower oil for frying or use Fry light
Fry the strips of chicken in the oil or fry light, till meat is cooked through. Remove from pan & keep warm.
In the pan heat together soy, Worcester sauce, vinegar & sugar or sweetener. Add garlic & cook a couple of mins. Stir chicken back in with pepper & onion, if using. Cook for around 5 mins, stir frying till the sauce has thickened to your liking.
You can have the sauce thick & sticky or a little runny, your preference

Serve on a bed of noodles & enjoy!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. GREAT Blog trying to get the hang of it before we move to Bulgaria this Apr thanks for your tips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie
      How exciting for you :-)))) I love when I hear people are moving here to live, it'sso exciting & the first year will be amazing for you! I will never forget our first year. Getting everything sorted & forging bonds with our Bulgarian neighbours & friends. They couldn't wait to teach me how to make their traditional dishes but when they came to dinner it had to be English & they wanted toknow the tradition behind them lol.
      Have a great life & if you get tips on recipes that I don't have please pass them on ;-)
      Have a great move over Jo x

      Delete