Total Pageviews

Friday 1 April 2011

Low Fat, Pumpkin Breakfast Muffins

I grow my own Pumpkins from seeds from the previous year, have a huge stock of them now. Some I start in pots others I just throw in the ground & see what happens! I have been making Pumpkin scones for two years but now I have created my own low fat muffin recipe & they are delicious!!!!!!
You must try these, even if only at Halloween as throwing away the Pumpkin flesh is a waste when you can make something this good!!!!!
20 oz Flour
2 1/2 tsp Baking powder
4 oz Sugar
1 tbsp Butter or marg
8 oz cooked Pumpkin mashed (don't over cook the pumpkin)
1 Egg beaten with 50 ml Semi or Skimmed Milk
Pinch of Salt
1/4 tsp Ginger
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
Butter Frylight
Pre heat oven 200c fan or 220c
Boil pumpkin till just soft.
Drain well, you don't want it to be too soggy
Mash lightly with a fork
Cream together sugar & Butter, add flour, salt, baking powder, spices, pumpkin, egg & milk & combine together with a wooden spoon. Add more milk if needed to combine (little by little). Spray muffin tins with frylight & spoon mixture in them. Bake in middle of oven for 10 minuets.
Cool on a wire rack till warm, if you are eating now or till cold, then you can freeze in an airtight container.
Serve warm with butter. Lovely as a breakfast muffin, or as a snack with coffee/tea.
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment